Birribee commenced operations in Western Sydney in September 2020 with 4 properties under management.
- In December 2020 we were part of the successful consortium selected to develop a renewal program for the Tolland Estate in Wagga Wagga
- In May 2021 we were awarded $3.55m under the Aboriginal Community Housing Investment Fund.
- In June 2021, Birribee was the first Aboriginal CHP approved as a Housing Pathways provider with direct access to the NSW Government's social housing access and intake system.
- In July 2021, a further 123 properties in Western Sydney were transferred to Birribee.
- In August 2021 Birribee was part of a consortium shortlisted for the project to redevelop the Argyll Estate in Coffs Harbour. Stage 2 of this procurement process is expected to commence shortly.
- In August 2022, we started to manage a further 246 properties across Wagga Wagga, Orange and Bathurst. This makes Birribee the largest recipient of properties under the AHO's Management Transfer Program.
- In August 2022, Birribee was part of a consortium bidding for funding under the NSW Government's mainstream 'Core and Cluster' DFV program. We are currently seeking partners to develop bids for the proposed Aboriginal-led Core and Cluster projects.
- Birribee is also part of a group expressing interest in the $1.7b Waterloo Renewal Project.
Birribee Housing knows that safe, secure, and culturally appropriate housing is essential for Aboriginal people to practice self-determination and meet their social, cultural and economic needs.
Our approach to housing services is framed by our principles.
- Ground our work in community
- Focus on client well-being, be client-directed and take a strengths-based approach.
- Deliver culturally appropriate services
- Support Aboriginal economic independence
You can expect us to:
- Be easy to contact
- Treat you with courtesy and respect
- Listen to you carefully
- Deal with matters promptly